Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rome, Italy, Primo Cafe

For my first international review I chose Rome, and the only place I visited twice on my visit back in December 2009. Located on Campo di Fiori, Primo Cafe (there is at least one other Primo nearby) was good place to sit and relax by the heaters, watching busy campo - and wonderful sights and wonders walking by. Having eaten before in nearby trattorias, the idea was just to drink wine, sit, and watch people being italian. For me that was easier to say than to do - so I ordered some snack to eat together with the wine. Being bit trendy place, there still wasn't anything wrong with the serving, on the contrary. Prosciutto, cheese, vegetables, bruschettas etc., everything was just perfect for an evening snack.

 View inside: no tables there, only bar, kitchenette, and in the back relieving facilities.

 Since we were in the medieval centre of Roma, all tables were outside, and therefore good heating was necessary in December. It proved to be the best outdoor-heating I had ever experienced - therefore I undressed my coat.

Part of my late night snack that was bigger than I expected - and tasted like heaven. In the background you can see Campo di Fiori, and also the angel that was my waitress for two heavenly evenings.


There were many other places I visited in Rome, and there will be many more if I just have the opportunity. The hotel where I was accommodated, was located just 200 meters from Campo, so this little place offering night caps and some snack was perfectly located. And in December with most tourists elsewhere (only the next week christmas tourism would pick up) it felt like being in Italy, surrounded with Italian people living their ordinary lives. Primo Cafe wasn't anything fancy, but perfect for the purpose. Small place with good drinks and food, and good heaters. You can't find that kind of outdoor heating in Finland - but in other hand it gets much colder in December in Finland than in Rome. ...therefore go to Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment